Saturday 16 February 2013

I dont believe in art







Today I went to see the exhibition The Bride and the Bachelors: Duchamp with Cage, Cunningham, Rauschenberg and Johns at the Barbican Centre. www.barbican.org.uk/duchamp ( for a good description and video) It is honestly fascinating and beyond my description of it. In 2008 I went to see the Duchamp, Man Ray, Picabia exhibition at the Tate Modern. It really made a difference in me because I stayed there until everybody left. I loved it, I could not have enough of it.  

This exhibition is different; and even more engaging, the exhibition touches all your senses. It shows how Duchamp and his successors contribution was crucial to what art, music theatre and I can say Architecture is today. There are music, dancers, a ghost piano, a ghost dancer; some of the most important Pieces of Duchamp, some manuscript, chess, and all of it involves you deeply. The highlight of the exhibition for me was the music. The music heard and the music written. It seemed as if you were wandering around their studios. And see the process of creation and composition. The exhibition was very sensitive and takes you on to another level of thought.  Where life and art takes the same route.



No comments:

Post a Comment